Using servers for Internet browsing does not adhere to sound security practices because Internet browsing increases the exposure of your server to potential security attacks. Regardless of the browser you use, you should restrict browsing on your server.
To reduce the risk to your server of potential attacks from malicious Web-based content:
- Do not use servers for browsing general Web content.
- Use client computers to download drivers, service packs, and so on.
- Do not view sites that you cannot confirm are secure.
- Use a limited user account instead of an administrator account for general Web browsing.
- Use Group Policy to keep unauthorized users from making inappropriate changes to browser security settings.