In Internet Explorer, you can configure security settings for several built-in security zones: the Internet zone, the Local intranet zone, the Trusted sites zone, and the Restricted sites zone. Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration assigns security levels to these zones as follows:
- For the Internet zone, the security level is set to High.
- For the Trusted sites zone, the security level is set to Medium, which allows browsing of many Internet sites.
- For the Local intranet zone, the security level is set to Medium-Low, which allows your user credentials (name and password) to be passed automatically to sites and applications that need them.
- For the Restricted sites zone, the security level is set to High.
- All Internet and intranet sites are assigned to the Internet zone by default. Intranet sites are not part of the Local intranet zone unless you explicitly add them to this zone.